- System Components
- Questions & Answers
- Service Plans
Mosquito Control Systems, Inc. has been Austin’s most trusted mosquito control company since 2003. We have installed thousands of systems for residents and businesses and remain number 1 in mosquito control, and for good reason we are the best at what we do. We offer only the best quality materials, lifetime warranties, customized and detailed professional installations, and we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service to all of our customers. Don’t waste your money on expensive treatment sprays that do not last, sprays are short term solution for mosquito control reserved for special events or parties as they only last a few days. Don’t be fooled by the spray companies, get reliable results with a mosquito control misting system guaranteed!
We use an automated system that is installed around the exterior of the areas that you want to enjoy "bug-free". The system consists of a 55 gallon tank which acts as a reservoir, on top of which we mount a pump, motor and a control box which houses the timer and duration control. We then connect a series of nozzles using thin nylon tubing. We will create a barrier that will trap and eliminate insects within its perimeter. Every home and it's landscaping are different. We will custom design the system and place nozzles that target insect breeding and harborage sites.
Once the installation is complete, we fill the reservoir with your choice of mild insecticide and set the automatic timer. We typically mist for 30-45 seconds, 2-3 times per night, depending on insect populations and time of year. The system is also equipped with a remote control to activate the system as needed for daytime use or if needed before planned gatherings, parties or outdoor activities.
With our system we guarantee an 80-90% reduction of most annoying outdoor insects including flies, fleas, ticks and gnats. After your system is installed you will wonder why you ever lived without one. After all, enjoying your backyard shouldn't be a luxury!
Need a one-time mosquito spray treatment?
We also offer scheduled spray treatments!
Every home is different. This design example illustrates the area most commonly covered by the system. Systems can also be expanded to provide full perimeter coverage in the front and side yards. Nozzles are typically hidden in landscape beds, attached to fences, trees and under decks. The installations are very discreet and almost invisible. One of our goals is to provide proper coverage without detracting from the home's appearance.
Most of our customers don't want to think about mosquitoes. They just want them to be gone. The system will spray automatically during the night, usually when no one is present. Our systems are very user-friendly and easy to use; however, it is important to keep the system maintained. After your system has been installed we will return 3-4 times during mosquito season to check, clean and refill your tank.
All components of the system are covered under our exclusive, transferrable, lifetime warranty. This includes the pump, motor, control box and nozzles. This way there are never any unexpected expenses. The system maintenance and refills will generally average $600-800 per year, and to help offset this, we offer one of the most generous referral programs in the business - a free refill for every customer you refer.
After over a decade of testing, in-the-field modification and real world applications, we are proud to offer our digital Platinum system. This system represents the most technologically-advanced system on the market today. Modern NASA-inspired circuitry engineered exclusively for MCS. Simply the most advanced and awesome system on the market today. Very user-friendly, but with advanced features that most systems do not offer which are designed to help the system be more effective and reliable that other systems.
All our systems are covered by our exclusive Lifetime Warranty.***
Our new LED Control: The only system on the market with this state of advanced circuitry.
Here are some of the unique features that make the MCS Platinum System the best system available:
- LED Control Panel: The only system on the market with this state of advanced circuitry. Our new LED Control Panel offers read-outs with time, date and your choice of 24 or 12 hour clock, spray according to time or volume, US or metric units. Built in WiFi port for future wireless capability - Coming soon!
- Programmable Remote: With your unique code, ensure your system can not be activated by other remotes.
- Brass Pump and Motor: We use exclusively Fluid-O-Tech Brass pumps paired with 1/3 HP motors for years of trouble-free use.
- Electronic Solenoid: The only system on the market to incorporate a three-way electronic solenoid. This ensures that there is no wasted fluid due to siphoning effects in the case of a cut line or other breach in the tubing system. This solenoid also acts as a pressure relief to eliminate any dripping of the nozzles which can lead to unwanted staining and burning of plant materials.
- Electronic Flow Meter: The only system on the market to use a flow meter to monitor fluid use, this meter measures the exact amount of fluid leaving your tank, and will turn the system off in the event of a cut line, when the system is empty, or if the flow varies by 75% high or low.
- Rain Cover: Keeps dust and rain off your system to protect it from harmful elements.
- Other Exclusive Features: 55 Gallon reservoir, control panel enclosed in water-tight Pelican box, 6 foot grounded power cord, battery back up, 100 micron filter, nickel-plated brass manifold, fuse protected control panel.
Other System Components:
Slimline Nozzles: We use the best nozzles on the market to keep your system spraying properly stainless steel tips with strong interior springs prevent dripping. They also have an interior cleanable pin. All covered under our exclusive lifetime warranty.***
High Pressure Nylon Tubing: Our custom-blended nylon tubing colors are guaranteed to match the structure we are attaching to; nobody wants ugly tubing stapled to their beautiful home. We offer 5 different colors to make sure our installations are almost invisible, nobody else offers this attention to detail.
Premium All-Metal, Push-to-Connect Fittings: We use only the best available Premium Fittings. All-Metal Construction, Nickel-Plated Brass push-to-connect fittings for years of trouble free use.
Copper Risers: We use copper risers which are hidden in the landscaping, unlike our competitors who use plastic pipes which warp under the hot sun. We use decorative 1/4" rigid copper which patina over time and blend into the surrounding landscaping.
Are Mosquito Misting Systems Better Than Sprays?
Yes, we do mosquito sprays but we recommend them only as a one-time treatment for parties and special events as they only last a few days. The only true long term solution to mosquito control is a misting system guaranteed!
What makes Mosquito Control Systems of Austin the best company for me?
MCS has the most qualified personnel, the most experienced installers, the most advanced systems, the most discreet installations, the best customer service, lower refill prices, no contracts and a low price guarantee.
What kind of warranty is offered?
MCS Austin offers an exclusive Lifetime Warranty on our systems on our systems, as long as MCS is providing regular scheduled maintenance under our “MCS Unlimited” Service Plan. This covers all parts, including, the pump, motor, control box, and nozzles. As long as MCS is maintaining and refilling your system, it is covered for life!
What results can I expect from my new system?
It is very important to set our customers expectations correctly from the beginning. We want happy customers. Our goal is to eliminate 100% of all annoying insects, but we want to do it in a manner that will not be detrimental for the environment, and safe for our customers families and pets. We use only products that have been tested, labeled and approved by the EPA, for use in automatic misting systems. Most of these products are considered low in toxicity and have very little residual effect; however, we still guarantee an 80%-90% reduction of all annoying outdoor insects.
What are the benefits of the Mosquito Misting System?
MCS Austin guarantees an 80%-90% reduction of all flying insects, including mosquitoes, flies, gnats, no see-ums, you may also see reductions in other common insects with the use of the system such as fleas, ticks, spiders, ants, etc.
What products are available for use in my system?
MCS Austin offers several products for use in your system, from Totally Organic to Semi-Organic to Full Synthetic, the choice is yours:
Here are the refill options and a brief description of each.
- Organic Option: There are many new products that are now available for use in our misting systems that are organic and EPA exempt. These are non-toxic to humans, pets and aquatic life. These products are especially helpful in our boat dock systems for spider control, where other products are not allowed. While the effects of the organic are not as good as with Permethrin or Pyrethrins, this option is still much better than nothing at all. Most of these products are odorless, and can be sprayed at times when people are present. The most common active ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which is found in many personal care products such as soap and shampoos. They work by coating the insect’s body and not allowing them to breathe, effectively suffocating them.
- Semi-Organic: Pyrethrum/Pyrethrins are natural insecticides extracted from Chrysanthemum flowers. The structure of the molecule is so complex that insect resistance to Pyrethrum is practically non-existent. Insects do not build up immunity to Pyrethrins, so the effect will not diminish over time. It is clear and free of allergens.
- Synthetic: Permethrin is an insecticide in the Pyrethroid family. Pyrethroids are synthetic chemicals that act like natural extracts from the chrysanthemum flower. Permethrin is used in a number of ways to control insects. Products containing permethrin may be used in public health mosquito control programs. They may be used on livestock, in structures and buildings, and on clothing. Permethrin was first registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
Is the Mosquito Misting System easy to operate?
Yes, all you do is set the timer, and at the designated time, a light mist is released into the air eliminating bothersome mosquitoes and other annoying insects. You also get a remote for times when an extra application is needed.
How long does it take to install the Mosquito Misting System?
After you receive your design and estimate and have approved it, we will schedule installation. Typical lead times about 7-10 days, depending on the time of the year. Our professional crew will install your system in about 4 hours.
Our goal is to have great coverage, and not to detract from the appearance of the property. Over the years, these systems have become much less a part of the house and more a part of the landscaping. After all, that is where most insect are coming from. Many times, the systems are almost invisible.
How much maintenance is needed after the initial installation?
To ensure worry-free use, your system will need to be checked and refilled about 4 times per year. We run our systems from March through the end of November, then the systems turn themselves off for the winter. We will then return in the Spring to get your system ready for the next year. When our technicians arrive, they will clean and test your system, make any needed repairs or adjustments and refill your system. All you pay for is the amount of fluid needed to fill the tank. No monthly fees, no contracts.
What is the average cost of the Mosquito Misting System?
After your initial installation, your ongoing maintenance and refills will average between $50-$99 per month, depending on the size of your system and your desired service plan.
Do you offer one-time mosquito spray treatments?
Yes! While we stand behind the long-term effectiveness and value of our Mosquito Systems, we also offer scheduled sprays from our team of licensed professionals. To learn more or schedule a spray, visit our spray treatment page.
Learn More: There are many sites that provide information about Zika Virus, West Nile Virus, Yellow Fever, Dengue Fever, Malaria, Encephalitis and Rift Valley Fever as well as other insect-borne diseases:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- CDC: West Nile Viru
- CDC: Zika Virus
- Texas Mosquito Control Association
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- American Mosquito Control Association
Mosquito Control Systems Service Plans
MCS Unlimited Service Plan
Our MCS Unlimited Service Plan is the recommended all-inclusive service plan that MCS has to offer. It guarantees your system will always receive the attention and maintenance it deserves. Below is a detailed description of everything you will receive on monthly service.
Service & Scheduling
Your mosquito misting system will be serviced every 4-6 weeks to ensure that it is running at optimal level. Because you are a MCS Unlimited Service Plan customer, if you notice any problems with your system we will send a technician out to service your home within 24-48 hours of the initial contact. The turnaround time is exclusive to our MCS Unlimited Service Plan customers only.
In addition to Unlimited Refills, you also receive free product boosts of the misting concentrate of your choice (up to $150 per visit in savings) when mosquito populations surpass normal levels. Also, included for our MCS Unlimited Service Plan customers is 3 free power sprays per year such as before special events or parties, or after heavy rainfall events, or during times of mosquito swarms.
You can schedule these power sprays when you feel it might be needed such as; before a special event your hosting outdoors, or when you notice that you need something extra to get the mosquito population under control. Your MCS System is covered by our EXCLUSIVE LIFETIME WARRANTY*, including; pump, motor, control box, and nozzles.
NO OTHER COMPANY OFFERS A LIFETIME WARRANTY
The MCS Unlimited Service Plan is offered at ranging from $79 and $125 per month, per system, depending on the number of nozzles installed and will be automatically billed to the credit or debit card we have on file once a month. There are no contracts on this plan though we will require a 30-day written notice to stop service.
Give you and your family peace of mind and let MCS take care of your system year-round!
Why Choose our MCS Unlimited Service Plan?
We include the following services/parts for our MCS Unlimited Service Plan:
Unlimited refills and product boosts, replacement nozzle tips, replacement nozzle filters, tubing, fittings, leak detection and repairs, intake filter replacement, thorough system inspection each month, tank cleanings and filter rinse, spray time monitoring, adjustment of spray times, remote programming, etc.
AND – up to 3 FREE power sprays/fog treatments per year!
*OUR EXCLUSIVE LIFETIME WARRANTY APPLIES AS LONG AS YOU ARE HAVING YOUR SYSTEM SERVICED REGULARLY BY MCS.
MCS Call In Service
Our third option is Call In service. You simply call us when you feel your system is in need of any type of service. This service is for those who do not wish to have regular system maintenance, or for those who want to take care of their system themselves.
Service & Scheduling
Your service will be handled in accordance with any issue you might be having with your system. For instance, if you need a refill, or having issues with your system, you can call in and one of our trained technicians will come out to troubleshoot your system’s problems, and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. If you buy a system from us, and choose this plan, your system will come with a 1 year conditional warranty on the system which covers the pump, motor and control box. There is a 90-day warranty on the system nozzles.
Pricing & Charges
With the Call In service you will be charged for any parts, labor or extra services. The refills on misting concentrates are priced at $150.00.
Our normal rate for our crew is $100 per hour.